- 1 can chick peas/garbanzo beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 small onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (or more if desired)
- 5-6 small-medium sized carrots (I substituted 1 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I substituted 1 cup oats)
- 1/2 cup dry unsalted cashews
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- cumin seeds, basil, rosemary, cinnamon, salt, pepper
- spices: a teaspoon or more (to taste)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Boil carrots for approximately 10 minutes, drain, and mash.
Saute onion in olive oil on medium low heat until softened.
Add garlic and spices and heat another few minutes.
Food process cashews until grainy in texture. Food process bread if making crumbs fresh.
Mash beans, add cashew crumbs, and bread crumbs in large bowl.
Once all veggies are done, add to bowl and mix/mash very well until combined and sticky in consistency.
Pack mixture into an oiled bread pan and bake for approximately 1 hour (times may vary).
Let cool slightly before turning out, cutting, and serving.
**Well worth the effort and spices can be adjusted/changed as necessary. Enjoy!
Preparation time: 1 hr-11/2 hr