2 shallots, roughly chopped
8-10 shrimp, uncooked, peeled and de-veined (prawns = teh yum)
1 frozen lobster tail, thawed and cut into bite-sized pieces (or crab)
2 tbsp red curry paste
1/2 c. 35% cream
1/2 c. coconut milk
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 lemon, juiced
1. Sauté shallots and shrimp in a medium-sized pot until shrimp are pink and opaque (about 3 minutes)
2. Add garlic, seard off scallops and lobster meat to pot.
3. In a bowl, whisk red curry paste, cream and coconut milk together and pour into pot with seafood. Simmer and reduce for 5min. Finish with parsley and lemon juice.
it's yummy served over rice!
- what I did differently: I didn't know the difference between curry pastes.. and I hadn't written down what colour.. so I bought yellow.. it seemed good.. what's the difference? I'd probably use a tiny bit less than this recipe calls for.
- I added a tablespoon of lemon juice into the pot to cook with everything else.
-Next time I make it, I'm going to skip the scallops and the lobster.. it'd be great just with more prawns.
- would still be yummy with lighter cream.. 10% or something.
Serves 4.. maybe.
Nutrients per serving: 261 cal, 19 g fat, 16 g protein, 7 g carbs, 1g fibre.. lots of vitamin A